Thursday 17 July 2014

A day with Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes

My random life in London

The day I met Magneto! One thing I love about London is the random gigs and opportunities you get. My latest random adventure was getting to spend an afternoon as an extra on the set of a new Sherlock Holmes film called Mr. Holmes. It’s a feature film set to be released next year and stars Ian McKellan as the legendary Sherlock Holmes. The film is based on the novel A Slight Trick of the Mind by Mitch Cullin, and will be centered around the retired detective, aged 93 in this film, who is grappling with an old unresolved mystery, while facing the decline of his memory and deductive prowess.

I got to meet Ian McKellan himself. He was really lovely chatting with us extras, and even offered us lollies. In the film, I’ll be hugging a lady farewell (Melanie) who I open the door for and as she steps on the train. The date is 1947 and its fun dressing up in the fashion of an era. I have the smallest role in the world but fun to be involved.

Overall, it was a great experience and a nice break from the crazy world of Lindy Hop that I’m so immersed in at present.









Thanks again to Bernadette Cumento. 

No comments:

Post a Comment